I move on to week 8 on Monday and I'm thrilled! Finally... 28 minute runs which means I'm getting closer to actually running the full 3.1 miles instead of walking some of it. Yay!
I used my Polar footpod for the first time today and it worked great! I didn't even calibrate it, but it measured the total distance I covered just about the same as what the car did (3.43 miles). I know that technically I'm not supposed to go by what the car reads or by what an uncalibrated footpod reads, but it's all close enough for me. I enjoyed watching my pace change throughout my run as I ran faster or slower. I didn't use the 'lap' function on my watch, so my 'average' overall pace includes my warm-up and cool-down walks (av. pace = 12:09 min/mile); however, I did look down at my watch many times during my run to check on my pace (entertaining) and it varied anywhere from about 10:40 to 8:20... quite a time difference.
Scott followed me around on his bike today and at the end of my run I engaged him in some sprint action... and ran a 5:27 min/mile for a wee bit! When we got home, Scott said to me, "can you imagine running that pace for 26.2 miles like those people in the movie the other night?" HOLY CRAP!!! I hadn't even thought about that! I tell ya though, it felt really good to stretch my legs like that though. My cardiovascular system petered out during that spring... not my legs.
I won't even comment on my heart rate during my run. I just don't understand how I can run at 167-170 bpm and still talk to my husband about the idea of an Endless pool. If this heart rate is too high (like Polar says it is) shouldn't I be having a lot of trouble talking??? I really need someone to clue me in on this stuff. With every run I'm growing more and more afraid that I'm not doing things right.
No comments:
Post a Comment