Thursday, January 10, 2008

C25K- Week 5, Day 2

Today's C25K run consisted of a 5 minute warm-up, 8 minute run, 5 minute walk, 8 minute run and a 5 minute cool down. The 8 minute runs went well. The second run actually felt better than the first and I think I kept a pretty good pace.

Saturday's run is the big 20 minute run that everyone dreads. I've decided to do this run on the treadmill at the gym b/c I want to check on a few things. First, I haven't ran on the treadmill since week 3 and I want to see where I'm at 'pace wise'. I also want to see how far I can run during those 20 minutes. I've been wondering whether I should slow down my pace at this point b/c I fear that eventually I won't be able to complete the total run. I'm hoping that the treadmill will help me to figure out if I am still able to maintain a near 9 minute mile pace or if I need to slow down a bit.

I'm not sure if I mentioned it or not, but registration opened for my first 5K (it's a Komen Race for the Cure) and I already signed up as a timed runner. Yay! I'm very excited! It's still 2 months away, though.

Today I also mapped out a 3.1 mile route in my neighborhood... hopefully that will come in handy once I reach that 25-minute run at the end of week 6.

No comments: