Wednesday, January 16, 2008

I can change a flat!

I forgot to mention that my awesome husband taught me how to change a bike flat last night. About a week ago, it just happened that his mountain bike sprung a flat. He took the tube out of one of our older bikes just so that we could ride that night... and no sooner did we get back to the house, that tube went flat as well. He decided that we would just change out all of the old tubes and start fresh. Some of the tubes, like those in my hybrid, were... *gulp*... 10 years old. So I got LOTS of practice in learning how to remove the tire, remove the tube, put the new tube in, and put it back on the bike. He also had a few CO2 cartridges laying around, so he showed me how to inflate a tire using one.

My husband ROCKS!!!

Now, hopefully I can remember how to do all of this when I get that first flat out on the road!

No comments: