I just finished my first official 'tri training' bike ride... a total of 10.4 miles with half of the ride being done in a 12mph easterly headwind! It was a really good ride for me and I felt as if I could have ridden longer, but I don't want to push it at first. I'm tackling the bike training in the same manner as I've done the C25K program... slow, steady, and injury free! One thing I was disappointed in today was that I forgot to check the time before I left my home, so I have no idea how long it took me to complete the ride.
When I finished the ride I immediately threw off my cycling shoes and ran around my driveway a few times... just to see what it feels like to get off the bike and go directly into a run. Weird, weird, weird... indeed!!!
I did not have a clipless pedal crash today-- although I did 'almost' go over twice. I was stopped at a stop sign and had already unclipped my right foot and put it down. I was trying to use my left foot (still clipped in) to back pedal so that my left foot would be at a 1PM rotation for my push off. While I was maneuvering that left pedal was when I almost toppled over to the left... both times! Luckily the tension on my left pedal must be set a bit less than my right b/c my foot popped out both times before I tumbled over completely. I REALLY need to work on what I'm doing with those pedals.
I also tested 'one side' of my aero bars today... just for a few seconds. I'm still not comfy enough on the bike to use them... especially not in this wind (which, ironically, is when I really need them).
Well... back to work now!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment