C25K week 8 is almost finished. Saturday will be my final run... if I can actually do it. I've mentioned the nagging pain in my hip/glute in previous posts and it's still bugging me. I normally have one rest day per week which falls on Sunday. This week, however, due to my hip/glute pain I also rested on Tuesday. I've been stretching the heck out of my glutes the past few days... and I think I'm going to add focus to my hamstrings as well. Right now I'm sitting on ice.
Back to my runs. Day 1 of week 8 (Monday) went fine except that I had to stop somewhere near the end to stretch my rear. I'm sure that was a pretty sight in the middle of the road. I just couldn't continue with the pain. The stretching at least abled me to complete the 28 minutes AND get myself home in relative comfort. I stopped and did a quick 5 second stretch today as well... somewhere around mile 1.6 or so... and managed to complete the full 28 minutes. However, my walk home was a bit more painful than it was on Monday. Obviously this means that things in my glute are not getting any better. So now I'm stuck with 'what to do'. Do I try to finish up week 8 on Saturday or do I rest again? This injury doesn't seem to be bothered by anything else that I do. I'm fine in my circuit/aerobics and weight training classes, I'm fine on my bike, I'm fine when I walk (as long as it's not after a run).... it's just the running that hurts. Argh!
Anyway, here are today's run stats. I collected data on the run only. The warm-up and cool down are not included:
Run time: 26 minutes, 52 seconds (weird... I ran the full 28-min podcast)
Distance covered in run: 2.76 miles (right on target with C25K week 8)
Max HR: 182
Average HR: 168
Max min/mile: 7:52 (this is also where max HR came from)
Avg min/mile: 9:44 (yay! Under 10 min. despite bum butt... makes me smile)
Cals burned: 276
No comments:
Post a Comment