Week seven of C25K consists of one 25-minute run each of the 3 training days. So basically it's a continuation of week 6, day 3. I completed day 1 of week 7 this morning without any problems... and actually ended up 1 minute 10 seconds ahead of where I ended on day 3 of week 6 (which was the same workout). That made me happy! Of course, I didn't run with the HRM today... so I may have been pushing myself harder than I was last Saturday. Scott has reclaimed his HRM monitor, but my RS200SD should be in today! I can't wait to test out the footpod and I really missed the 'company' of watching the numbers.
It's quite warm out today... near 80 already and I decided on my walk back home that I was going to don my shortie wetsuit when I got home and hop in the pool for some laps. We have a 40' lap pool and I calculated that 66 lengths of the pool = 1/2 mile. That's a lot of flip turns, but it beats paying for a YMCA membership (plus the Y pool is only 50' long... not much difference). I WISH my gym had a pool, but it's predominately a tennis club. So, I have decided to just suck it up during the winter and use my wetsuit in my own pool. In the summer, I can use one of the county's pools (25 yards) if I desire.
Back to today's "swim". So I get my shortie on (it's a 3 mil that I use for SCUBA) and plant a foot in the water! OH! MY! GOD! ... ICE! ICE! BABY! I hold my breath and take a seat on the step. I can feel the water creeping up under the neoprene that is covering my goosefleshed thigh! I stand up and get into the water up to my waist and bounce around for a bit... trying to get the blood flowing. After about 5 minutes of bouncing and determining that my feet are now numb, I conclude that there is no way in hell that I'm going to even attempt to put my head under water without a hood on. I have no desire to change out of my wet shortie and into my 6 mil suit with booties and hood, so I end up putting swimming off until another day. I called Scott at work and announced that I need a triathlon specific wetsuit if I'm going to start practicing for the swim. I have no desire to swim laps in a 6 mil SCUBA suit! Talk about cumbersome. It's either this or I will end up doing Danskin with no swim prep. No matter how confident I am in my swimming abilities, that would NOT be a good thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment