In other news, I have decided to enter the Danskin Triathlon in Orlando on May 11th. I'm totally stoked about it and I'm sure I'll be race ready by then. To celebrate my decision, I bought my road bike today. I had been riding a 10-year-old (but more than functional) Cannondale hybrid. It worked well, but it was heavy and a dud to move. Today, I spent over 4 hours with saleman at our Trek shop and bought a road bike. It's a middle of the road bike (the 2.1 WSD) and I'm quite sure that it will suffice for many years to come... or at least until I earn a paycheck competing in triathlons and can justify a totally "carbonified" ride! LOL!! I had it outfitted with clipless pedals, aero bars, and an aero bottle for hydration. I can't wait to ride it tomorrow. Here's a "stock" picture from the Trek website:

So... dates to keep in mind so far:
March 15th: Southwest FL Race for the Cure 5K
May 10 & 11th: Danskin Tri- Orlando
I've committed... there's no turning back now! :o)
No comments:
Post a Comment