Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Goodies overfloweth

Today was goodie delivery day!

The UPS guy dropped off my Polar S625X and my husband's Polar F6 this afternoon. Gotta love that free overnight shipping. He was soon followed by the FedEx dude who delivered my Asics Gel-Express cross trainers from Zappos (yeah, I reall did cash in on that overnight shipping thing yesterday)!

The Polar watches remain in their cute little boxes. I'll let Scott (yes, that would be DH) fiddle with them tomorrow. I did try my watch on and I had to hook it on the very first hole (or perhaps last hole depending on how you look at it) ! My wrists must be super tiny compared to those who normally purchase this watch. Maybe I can get a different band for it. It also feels like a 2-lb weight on my wrist; however, I'm chucking this up to to the fact that I'm not normally a watch wearer and I am probably just not used to the 'feel' of something being there.

All of that being said, I muddled over whether to purchase the Polar S625X or the Garmin Forerunner 305 for weeks. To be honest, I'm still not sure about my decision. There's a big part of me that believes I would be happier with the Garmin b/c it's a 'lazy man's' type of system... no calibration required. I'm all about turn-key! Anyway, I may stare at the box for a while...

Onto my shoe purchase... I have been a very bad girl for the past 2 months and have been wearing my Asics Gel-Nimbus runners to my aerobics circuit/weight classes. Yes, bad, bad, bad! Just asking for a rolled ankle! So over the past week I have made it a point to research some cross trainers to wear to those classes... and reserve my running shoes for... well... runs!

I settled on Asics Gel-Express from Zappos. They ran in the mid-50's price-wise and I thought that was a pretty good bargain considering the price of my Asics Nimbus. Zappos rocks my world with their free overnight shipping and when the shoes arrived today I was 'okay' with them at first sight. The Gel-Express are quite plain (the sort of plain that you would find at DSW) with no bells or whistles other than the standard Asics Gel cushioning system. Well, I guess my feet are spolied by those Nimbus runners of mine. I wore the Express around the house for 2 hours until I couldn't take it any longer. Don't get me wrong, they weren't 'horrid' and would probably be great for someone who does low impact activities 1 or 2 days a week, but I could forsee me and my 'bouncy' self in circuit class ending up with a reinjured big toe. So, back to Zappos they will go tomorrow. I now have on order some Asics Gel Kayano Trainers (the cross training version of the popular Asics runner). They have the same sort of bells and whistles as my Nimbus, so hopefully my feet will approve.



No comments: