Awesome workout! I'm so proud of myself!!
Today began week 4 of the C25K program. Week 4 consists of the following:
5 minute power walk warm-up
3-minute run
90 second power walk
5-minute run
2.5-minute power walk
3-minute run
90 second power walk
5-minute run
5-minute cool down
I went into this week believing that I could do the 5-minute run intervals without a problem and sure enough, after I completed the first 3-minute run with ease, I KNEW that I was more than capable of completing the 5-minute run.
Sure, the 5-minute interval was more challenging than the 3-minute, but I certainly wasn't dying AND I maintained the same pace that I've been running with from the beginning (approx. 9 minute mile). I also really pushed myself on the last minute of the second 5-minute run. Felt awesome!!! At the end of the first 5-minute run I was feeling so good that I thought to myself, "I'm going to have no problem completing the 8-minute runs next week." It feels good to feel that way! I'm so impressed with this program. It really, truly works!!!
I did have to extend my route tonight as I'm covering more ground with the longer run intervals. I'll have to measure out the distance tomorrow.
My husband did a leisurely bike ride behind me while I was running today. I asked him to watch my feet to see if I was overpronating, supinating, or maintaining neutral. He said that I looked pretty neutral to him. This makes sense to me as I am running in cushioning shoes (I chose then due to my high arches) and I have absolutely no aches and/or pains to speak of yet. This is good news!
My next run will be on Thursday and we're supposed to be getting a serious cold snap (well, as serious as it gets for south Florida). I'm looking forward to it!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment