Last week's volume of training went very well. I worked up to 18.8 miles of running... which is more than I've ever run in any one week. This week I'll meet my 20 mile goal. I also included an awesome strength work out last Friday that left me sore for two days! Hurts so good! Because of the soreness, I ended up skipping the second half of my Friday workout (swimming). I've been getting in a spinning class on Saturdays to make sure that I work on my intervals and hills. This week I plan on adding a second spin class to my training program. I have definitely ramped up my training volume since my last tri... that is for certain. Hopefully it will pay off.
Training plan for the week of 6-2-08
Monday: 8 mile LSR
Tuesday: 3 mile easy run + endurance focused swim swim shortened by thunderstorm. Only 950 yds.
Wednesday: Spin class + 3 mile easy run d/c due to bilateral hip pain.
Thursday: 4 mile fartlek 4 mile easy + strength training
Friday: Strength training + speed focused swim + 3 mile easy run
Saturday: Spin class + 2 mile easy
Sunday: Rest (easy recovery bike ride outdoors)
I'm still experimenting with my shoes. The Mizuno Wave Nirvanas and the Lynco 405's are going back. The shoe is too short and the toe box is not roomy enough... especially with the orthotic inserted. I ended up purchasing a pair of Saucony ProGrid Guides from Sport's Authority on a whim and they are what I wore during my 8-miler yesterday. According to the Saucony website, the ProGrid Guides are tailored to mild overpronators who also require a cushioned shoe. I had the Lynco 405 orthotics inserted during the run, but the metatarsal support pad on the left insert was bothering the heck out of me the entire time. I think they would be really good inserts if that metatarsal pad wasn't there.
So, my plan is as follows... return Mizuno Nirvanas and Lynco 405 orthotics. Re-eval... perhaps Nimbus 10's with an insert that offers pronation control OR something else entirely. The store will only allow for an exchange... so I can't get a refund and just keep the ProGrid Guides.
3 comments:
Congrats on your consistent training! Can be really tricky to find the right shoes but once you do, you'll never go back.
Nice job on your LSR yesterday! VERY NICE!
I get my Lynco Orthotics from the Orthotic Shop since they have free shipping and the lowest prices. They have the models without the Metatarsal Pads which may help you on your runs.
Post a Comment