Not only did I have a stellar 8 mile LSR this morning, but I received an AMAZING 10th anny gift from my DH over the weekend! A Garmin Forerunner 405!! What a husband! I had absolutely no idea it was coming, but man... as far as gifts go, he was dead-on! I was so stoked when I saw the box.
I wanted to run with the new watch so badly yesterday, but it was my rest day and after my 30 mile bike on Saturday, I definitely just needed to chill. So this morning I awoke at 7AM (45 mintutes later than I wanted to), fed all the fur-kids, and drove downtown where I "hoped" there would be a breeze blowing off the water. There was only a slight one-- it helped enough. I actually think I may finally be acclimating to the heat & humidity. I wasn't all that bothered with it today and today was no different than any other day. This is a good sign and it boosts my spirits.
By 8AM, my Garmin and I were off! I autolapped every mile and tried to stay in the 11 min/mile zone; alas folks, 11 min/mile is not an easy run for me. It's practically a walk (okay, well maybe not a walk). Around a 10:20 to 10:30 min/mile is easy and completely conversational for me... so that's where I parked it. I felt good for the ENTIRE run, save for the last mile when that sun was really starting to heat things up and my sweat rate was kicking into overdrive. I still need to figure out the ins and outs of the Garmin, but I think I'm going to likey... A LOT!
I also ran in my RunningSkirts.com skirt again. I LOVE this thing. I want one in every color. LOL! Absolutely no chafing, it stays up, I'm not tugging on it, the velcro pockets are perfect. I didn't even know that my key fab or my Accel Gel were in there. The mesh is amazingly wicking. It's almost like wearing nothing at all... well almost. And did I mention my most favorite part of the skirt? An elastic free waistband... hence, not even the slightest pinch of muffin top! So now, what to do with the all of my Nike Tempo track shorts? I can almost guarantee that I will never wear them again. I hope our local Good Will attracts some runners.
Final note... Accel Gel. I LOVE this stuff... in chocolate! I swear, I wanted a second pack. I can barely choke down GU b/c it's so thick, but the Accel Gel is perfect. Not too liquidy, not too thick. The chocolate flavor tastes like raw brownie batter. YUM... at least for me! I like the stuff... maybe you will too.
June 23 through June 27, 2008
Monday: 8 mile LSR + spin class
Tuesday: 4 mile easy/recovery run + 100 push-ups challenge
Wednesday: 3 mile fartlek run + speed focused swim
Thursday: 15 mile interval bike + 100 push-ups challenge endurance focused swim
Friday: 3 mile hill run + strength training endurance focused swim
Saturday: 20 mile bike + 2 mile brick run
Sunday: rest + 100 push-ups challenge
Congratulations to Jennie, my best friend from high school, who completed her first sprint tri last weekend! You rock little friend!!! I'm very proud of you! When's the next one???
9 comments:
Isn't new gear the BEST!?! I'm still rockin' the Forerunner 305...not sure I like the 405--I kind of like my big, geeky "laptop" on my wrist.
;)
I'm also a huge fan of the runningskirts.com skirt. It's still my favorite wardrobe item.
I'm also waiting on a new gadget...my new iPod Shuffle is on the FedEx truck out for delivery--woot!
:D
Congrats on the new toy! Well done, Scott! I see amour in your future! Hehehe.
So good to hear your lsr went well and that you felt good both physically and mentally about it. Yea, Sherry!
I actually got spec out and pick up the last engine my fire department purchased from Pierce so, I was able to go right to the factory in Appleton and our sales rep gave us a tour. When you pick up a completed apparatus, one of the company officers takes your group out to dinner at a fancy local restaurant (or at least they used to) and your group, and others picking up new apparatus, are treated to drinks and dinner. Whatever you want. It was pretty nice. A neat experience. All of my departments engines, trucks, and heavy rescue are from Pierce. Anyway... enough fire truck talk.
Have a great week and keep up the great workouts!
When you are tired of hubby, can I have him :-)
Forerunner 405? How nice of you DH!!!
I have never tried running skirts, I think it goes against everything I believe to be comfortable (just because it's a skirt and a skirt in my book is not comfy but dressy), although you make me want to try it! :)
Have you ever tried sharkies?? For long cycling rides they are awesome! You just put one or two in the side of your mouth and they are supposed to help with dry mouth and hydration! I like them.
BTW, thanks for the training tips! I will definitely keep those in mind. I can't wait to get started!
Sounds like your hubby is a keeper! Nice job on all your workouts. Solid work!
What a great gift. I recently upgraded from an old 201 to a 305 and am luving it
Hi Sherry! Congrats on your garmin! Is it easy to use??? Even bigger congrats on having a sweetie-pie hubby! How's he feeling these days???
I need to check out the running skirts. i have one I ran the marathon in, I never think to wear it these days....I'll have to pull it out!
Very nice anniversary gift!!! I saw the 405 in the store when I was buying my last pair of shoes and the guy helping me said he was using one and loved it.
Post a Comment