Scott set up three of the event stations at our home: Keiser, run simulating charged hose line drag, and 100' dummy drag.
The Keiser simulates forcible entry. A 9lb shot mallet is used to drive a 160 lb steel beam 5 feet. I gave this one a whirl! It is DIFFICULT!!! I was more than happy to be the delegated photographer for the rest of the morning.
Here is my husband, Scott, wacking away at the Keiser:
Here are Scott and another competitor, Judy, similating the resistance felt during the charged hose drag:
The "gang" discussing on the best way to drag the 175 lb. dummy (aka 'fat bastard') 100 feet:
This is what dragging 175 lbs. looks like immediately after completing rotations on the Keiser and the charged hose line:
Scott, gutting it out, with about 50' left to go. He completed all three rotations in 55 seconds. In order to qualify for Worlds (which he hopes to do someday), he needs to complete the entire course in less than 1 minute and 50 seconds! I think I would probably drop dead!
No comments:
Post a Comment