Thursday, February 7, 2008

Double Sprint Tri Training: 30 min. swim + 5K run

I had a wonderful training day today! The body felt good... even the still slightly achy 'ole bum!

I started out mid-morning with a 30 minute lap swim. Now, despite the fact that I swam for 13 years straight at one point in my life, I haven't swam 'official' laps in YEARS!!! I set out with a 20 min. swim in mind which was based on Hal Higdon's TriFast plan, but I ended up doing a 30 minute swim instead. The pool water was so lovely and it was so nice not to have anything hurt from impact. I did a series of 100's and 200's with 10 second breaks in between each set. I would venture to say that I swam 90% of it freestyle and 10% breaststroke just to change things up a bit.

The afternoon was spent catching up on work and then it was out for an evening run.

I rolled my butt around on the tennis ball as part of my warm-up stretching and then I completed a 5K at a comfy 10 min/mile pace. My very FIRST 5K distance! Yay! I LOVE running in the evening! My bum started to ache a bit around mile 2, but I didn't have to stop this evening to stretch it. Hopefully that's something positive. I just really felt incredible tonight! If I feel like this on race day in March, I don't think I could ask for anything more! When I arrived back home, I stretched out my bum and hammys and rolled around on the tennis ball a bit more. That thing is like instant relief!

Tomorrow is a weight training day. Yay! I love my weight class!

Oh... I registered for the Orlando Danskin Triathlon yesterday! Yay! I'm now fully commited to doing my first triathlon this May! What is completley shocking is that the competitor spots filled to capacity in less than ONE DAY! That is insane! I'm so glad that I was able to register early enough. I would have been CRUSHED!!!

No comments: