Saturday, February 23, 2008

Another week of training down!

Another week is over. They seem to slip by so quickly anymore.

Thursday was a bike day for me. Another 12.2 miles. This time I completed the ride in 51 minutes with average speed 14.24 mph. Wind was ESE at 12mph. I plan on increasing my distance by 10% for next week which will get me up to 13.4 miles. Yay!

Friday was a swimming day. Workout was a total of 1750 yards (basically 1 mile) in 33:20 minutes. I'm either getting faster or my endurance is building and I'm taking less time between sets considering the fact that I only did 1300 yards in the same amount of time during the swim session preceding this last one. Swimming is my element. I feel good about it!

Swim breakdown was as follows:

50+50+50 free warm-up
100 free
100 pull
200 free
200 pull
300 free
200 free
200 pull (100 one arm alternating 50's)
100 free
100 free
50 + 50 cool down

Today was another elliptical day. I did 5.01 miles in about 53 minutes. Once again, I tried to keep the resistance low and the steps per minute high. I used the cross country setting and just adjusted the speed. Even after I reached 5 miles I still felt like I could go on forever. I was in a really good rhythm, but I had to get home to a special treat!

My husband had a few firefighters over this morning to train for the Firefighter Combat Challenge. We own a Keiser and a have a dummy on loan. They call the FF Combat Challenge the toughest two minutes in sports... and that's no joke! Everybody was whipped after the workout session. I performed the Keiser rotation once just to see what it felt like and yep... thanks, but I'll stick to tri training! Anyway, I took pictures of everybody training and I'll post them a bit later. It was a fun morning... and I got a chance to run with a few of the firefighters for a 1/2 mile warm-up. It felt good to actually RUN on the ground! I miss it so much!

No comments: