Thursday, December 27, 2007

C25K- Week 3, Day 2

I definitely had a "feel good" workout today. Instead of running outside, I decided to run on one of the gym's treadmills. I set the incline at 0.5% to make up for the 'outdoor' resistance that I knew I would be losing. Just like in the first week, I did my walks at 4mph and my runs at 6.5mph... and today, those 3 minute runs felt quite easy! My 6.5 mph pace also felt 'slow' at times, but as someone who is just 5'5" with short legs and a longish torso, I'm scared to push my speed any higher at this point. It's probably better just to maintain and continue to work on endurance. However, knowing that I feel the 'need' to extend my legs further gives me hope of one day having a decent 'minute/mile' time.

I will most likely do the last day of week 3 outdoors. I mapped out my current route and it is exactly 2 miles long. With the increased running intervals at the end of week 5, I definitely need to find a route that takes me a true 3.1 miles. Not to get ahead of myself though, I am really looking forward to week 4. With the three-minute runs feeling quite doable today, I feel confident that by next week I'll have no problem running the 5 minute intervals. Yay!!!

Hypochondia update: The little 'lump' under my armpit was gone completely by Thursday evening. Must have been an infected sweat gland or something. Anyway, I've ditched using antipersp. and will only be using deoderant in the future. This is a switch I've been wanting to do for a while now and this was the push that I needed.

No comments: