Today was the first day that I ran outdoors and not on a treadmill. I also ran at night. What bliss!! Unbelievable! I felt so good. It was so nice not being under the hot Florida sun or in the sweaty gym. I may do this more often.
Florida is as flat as I was in 4th grade. That being said, I think that my training at a 0.5% incline at the gym helped a lot for this outdoor run on a very flat surface. The entire session felt relatively easy and I kept my runs at a good pace. I really felt like I was moving tonight. I am definitely ready for the 90 second running intervals of week 2.
That being said, I can't wait to start week 2! I must resist the urge to run tomorrow night. I need that day off!
Safety tips: When I do any outdoor activities, I always make sure I have on lots of reflective gear. For me, this means at a minimum a reflective mesh vest and reflective running shoes. My Asics Gel-Nimb us 9's aren't just reflective... they practically GLOW! I stick to the sidewalk as much as I can AND I keep the volume of my iPod down to a level where I can hear what's going on aroud me.
No comments:
Post a Comment