Monday, December 17, 2007

C25K- Week 2, Day 1

Today I moved on to the 2nd week of the C25K program. This week consists of six intervals of 90 seconds running/2 min. walking with a 5 min. warmup and cooldown.

Like this past Saturday, I ran outside and in the evening. Today was the coldest day of the season here in South FL and I ran in 50F weather without any humidity. It was a new experience for me in general to experience the little sensations that working out in cold weather dishes. These include: slight burning through nose when breathing in (low humidity), wearing long sleeves & long pants (usually I'm so hot that I would exercise nekkid if I could), taking slightly longer for my muscles to feel 'warm', and not sweating like a pig (BLISS)!!!

I have definitely determined that the initial run (whether it's 60 seconds or 90 seconds at this point) is the toughest. It's almost like if I can just get that run 'out of the way', it's smooth sailing. I don't know what it is about that run... I just feel so wonky! Can't seem to get my breathing right, my legs feel like logs, etc...

During this evening's run, I experienced a bit more fatigue during the last 10 seconds of the running interval than I did during week 1. I suppose this is to be expected. Hopefully I'll improve as the week goes on. Overall though, I felt really good and I can't wait for Thursday's run!

No comments: