Monday, December 10, 2007

C25K- Week 1, Day 1

I completed Week 1, Day 1 of the C25K program today. An entire week later than expected, but since we were on vacation for the past 4 days I have somewhat of a good excuse.

I wasn't planning on doing any of the C25K program today since I have a pretty intense cardio class on Monday mornings, but I felt that if I didn't do that first run I 'might' continue to push it off. The first day of anything new is always the most difficult.

I ended up doing the C25K workout before my cardio class on one of my gym's PreCor treads. I set the incline at 0.5%, did my walks at 4.0mph and my runs at 6.5mph. I felt really good and was able to complete everything without feeling overwhelmed. My feet felt good (luuuurve my Asics Gel-Nimbus 9's), I felt relaxed, breathing felt good. A positive start.

I did have to cut my C25K cooldown short b/c I was running late for my class. I completed my cardio class without any glitches as well... but felt a bit more fatigued midway than I normally do. Obviously this is from C25K training that I completed beforehand.

Now, C25k says to take rest days. I often do a pretty intense core/weight training class on Tuesdays, circuit training on Wednesdays, and then weights on Friday. I guess I should think about running on Mondays, Thursdays, and then one day on the weekend. I'm seriously thinking about ditching my Monday aerobics class b/c our gym is having a problem with the AC in the aerobics studio and people are dropping like flies. It's just too darn hot! Like a sauna! Anyway... we'll see.

No comments: