
I spent some time yesterday looking for tri related cartoons. I found a few (like the one above); I wish there were more! They make me smile.
I'm doing really well with sticking to my training plan for this week. I've gotten in all scheduled training so far and it looks like I'll be on track today with a 5K fartlek in about an hour (or as soon as some of the AM humidity burns off) and a 1.2 mile swim later this afternoon.
This Sunday Scott & I are going to hopefully help out (or at least watch and cheer) at the TriAmerica series which is located practically in our backyard. Had I known about this event earlier, I might have entered their Super Sprint event on Saturday... it would have been a great tune up with only a 200yd swim, 6 mile bike, and 2 mile run. The short course and distance tris are being held on Sunday and I'm hoping to take some notes on how experienced athletes get through transition, etc... I'm really looking forward to it all! Plus, Sunday is a rest day! What more could I ask for?!?
Went on a bit of a shopping spree last night. I purchased some tri shorts and a tri jersey, speed laces, race belt, and a transition bag. I probably didn't "need" a transition bag this go-round, but I'm a sucker for bags in general and couldn't resist. I plan on posting pics of all of my gear laid out next week... that seems to be the thing to do before a race and hopefully some of you out there might be able to instruct me on what I may need to still get.
BEST OF LUCK going out to my dear friend Kim who will be running the Minnie 15K in Orlando this weekend! Go girl!!!! Make sure you warm up that course nicely for me!!!
ETA: Just finished my 5K fartlek run and I set a new 5K distance non-race PR of 28:03 (9:02 min/mile pace). I think I could have broken into the 27 min. range if it were not for the 16mph winds I faced on the return leg. Regardless, I am SO stoked!!! Gotta love those little improvements! I really tried concentrating on leg turnover and I think it worked! Yay! My max speed during the sprint segments was 7:36 min/mile! Now if only I could maintain that pace through the ENTIRE 5K distance. Then maybe I could join the speed demon club with Marcy and Marion! :o)
4 comments:
CONGRATS chica!! Awesome time ;D ;D Thanks for the shout out, but really I'm not that fast LOL
Loved the cartoon Sherry! GREAT job on the 5K training run! Keep up the awesome work! ;-)
Good job on the 9:02 pace. It is just so cool when you can set a PR any time, not just during a race. I just can't wait to get back to my old race form.
Keep up the good work on your training schedule for this week!
Awesome on your PR! You can definitely go faster with the added adrenaline of a race. Good job on your consistency too.
Post a Comment