Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Post-race blues have lifted


I had a good run yesterday and an awesome swim today! The blues have finally lifted!

My spirits and confidence are actually so good right now that I took the plunge today and registered for the MiamiMan International Tri in November. There is absolutely no reason why I cannot compete in and finish this triathlon.

I am officially re-stoked!!!

ETA: I also booked our room for the Heartland Tri in July. The inn is within a few blocks from the transition area! Hurray! Get up, walk outside, start race! Perfect! I'm getting super excited about this tri as well. It's amazing what a week of recovery followed by a few super awesome workouts will do for one's motivation. Prior to the Heartland tri, however, is the Charlotte Harbor 1.6 mile freedom swim. I am going to use this community event (it's not a race) to get in some much needed open water swim practice. I'm thinking about using fins too... so that I can concentrate on my stroke. I really want to make sure that I get the most out of any open water swimming that I can get.

ETA Part 2: I have set a new running mileage goal of 20 miles per week. Since I started all of this back in mid-December, I've basically been averaging between 10 and 14 miles per week. I think building up to 20 miles per week isn't asking all that much in addition, but I'm hoping that those additional miles will help me improve my running endurance and eventually my running speed. Time will tell!



5 comments:

Gotta Run..... said...

Best way to fight off the blues is to register for another event.

I love having a new focus.

KimsRunning said...

You go girl!!!!
I just signed up for my next marathon too!!!!

Marcy said...

WWHOOOO HOOOOOO!! Alright chica! ;D ;D

teacherwoman said...

glad to hear you are "re-stoked" !! SUPERB!

Rick said...

Awesome, girl! Have a great holiday weekend! ;-)