Today was technically an unscheduled rest day (see post below), but by this evening I was feeling pretty good and felt hydrated enough. I'm not 100% sure that what I had yesterday were bonified "Runner's Trots" as I still had some "issues" this morning. Anyway, so I took my dog out for his daily walk around 4:30PM and the wind was blowing so nicely. It's so hot and humid here all the time that when the wind blows a bit, it's such a relief. How can a Floridian runner resist?
I decided to go for a quick run. Just two miles... out and back. I did feel a bit crampy during the run and I suppose it serves me right. Since I still had some residual "trot" issues this morning, I probably shouldn't have ran at all. Yet, I had this desire to "test" myself though... I wanted to see if my guts would hold up. And... I felt guilty about not getting all 5 miles in yesterday.
I suppose today's run qualifies as my first batch of junk miles. I guess it had to happen sooner or later.
Mileage: 2.07
Pace: 10:16
3 comments:
Hey Sherry,
I tried twice to comment on your page and lost connection (I have wireless) Let's try this one!!!!
LMAOO!!!! OMG Sherry, I'd have freaked. Thank heaven your husband came by, lol.
We test ourselves because we make little goals in our head and know the pure satisfaction of reaching them. It's an addiction. It's like getting a fix. I'm realising that right now because I am in recovery from the marathon and all I want to do is start the speed work!
I think we're at the same pace time, we need to run together, but I need a couple weeks off, which is pure torture. My flexor hurts anyway.
I'd be honored if you did visit my blog 200 times a day.....LOL...
Kim
nice job on the run... even if it wasn't scheduled... feels good doesn't it!?!? :)
Testing is always good. You gotta see where you stand from time to time, right? ;-)
Post a Comment