I wanted to write this entry 2 days ago, but... where in the world does time go?
On Sunday I completed the 9 mile, 90 minute long run (well, it was actually 91 minutes) that Julie prescribed for me using an 8:1 run/walk ratio for 6 cycles (excludes warm-up and cool down). The 8 minute run interval was based on HR, not pace. I have always been intrgued by the Galloway method, but this was my first ever taste at actually employing it in order to complete a long run. Although, I guess the C25K plan would also count since it's composed of run/walk intervals.
Anyway, I loved it! I was able to hit my target HR during the intervals and recover nicely during the 1 minute walk break. Psychologically, knowing that there was a walk break coming up made my effort during the intervals tolerable. I want to read a Galloway book now!
Sir Isaac visited me yesterday. :o) My Newtons have landed! I orderd the Women's Motion trainers (although I'm still not 100% convinced that I need to be in a stability shoe) and they feel fantabulous on my feet. Granted, I've only ran a total of 0.1 mile in them so far, but they defintely encourage a mid-foot landing (which I tend to do when I'm not losing form) and I loooove the springy feel that comes from whatever 'chamber' is under the lugs. Newton Running calls it 'Active Membrane Technology'. Whatever it is, it feels terrific! So, I'll be incorporating my Newtons into my running program over the next 2 weeks. Little by little, a mile or 2 at a time. Updates to come...
On the agenda for today: 4 miles with 60 second speed bursts followed by a 2 minute recovery... and some holiday shopping! Slowly but surely ramping up my weekly mileage... and LOVING it. Looks like I may hit 25 this week. Woot!
4 comments:
Did you write this happy post just to make me cry?
If so ... Mission Accomplished!
When I'm having a hard time, everyone should!
Just kidding! Way to go, Sherry! You're gonna be queen of the triathletes at the rate you're going.
I'll be standing on the sidelines, leaning on my walker, cheering you on ...
Nice numbers to hit for the week. HR training is something I need to read up more on.
I have been interested in those newtons, but somehow I dont think they make them in 13 EEEE
I got some newtons the other day too. I'll be trying them out over the next couple months.
Post a Comment