Yes, I've been MIA for over a week.
On April 4th, my husband fell 4-stories while training on a burn tower for his Firefighter Combat Challenge. He must have been cradled by angels on the way down b/c by the grace of God, he's still alive and at this point, in relatively decent shape. He spent 3 days in ICU and is still in the hospital right now, but I'm hoping to bring him home today. His injuries included 3-4 broken ribs, a collapsed lung, and a grade II liver contusion. He just had his chest tube removed yesterday. His spirits are high... he's glad have only the injuries that he has. He'll be home here with me for a while so I'm not sure how much blogging I'll be able to get in over the next few weeks/months.
I have tried to squeeze in training sessions between visiting hours... and I'm basically getting the bare minimum. I ran for a bit on Sunday and Wednesday, snuck in a 7AM swim on Tuesday, and did a mini-brick last night. Not sure what's on the agenda for today, especially if Scott is able to come home.
5 comments:
God Sherry! He's so lucky. I've been checking your blog 3 times a day. Thanks for updating. Please let me know if you need anything. My email is kimacu1966@ yahoo .com
Hugs to you both,
Kim
Sherry,
I wish your husband a speedy recovery. His injuries sound troubling but you're right, he could have suffered worse. God was watching out for him:)
Take care of him and yourself!
Marion
Ooohh gosh Sherry! I'll definitely be thinking of you and the fam. I hope your husband has a speedy recovery. Hang in there chica :-) ((HUGS))
Sherry!
I'm so happy to hear from you. Great news that your husband is home. That's so wonderful he was able to get out of the house, fresh air does wonders.
And welcome back, even though it may be sparingly!!!
I hope everything continues to go well with your husband!
Post a Comment