Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Logging the miles

Well, I'm officially back on my training schedule. I put in a 7 mile run on Monday and a 20.2 mile bike yesterday in 19mph steady winds! Tough! It's a bit chilly today for a swim, so I think I'm just going to do a 5K fartlek and be done with it. I'll get in a swim tomorrow.

I am about two clicks away from committing to an Olympic (international) distance tri. It's the Miami Man International on November 9th and the course sounds great! Crystal clear lake for the swim + a gorgeous run through the Metro zoo! I have been debating on 'waiting' to register until after I finish the Danskin, but I'm not sure what purpose it serves to wait... other than to chance that there won't be any spots left.


November 8-9, 2008

7 comments:

Rick said...

Great job on your training. I say register. Beat the Christmas rush. :)

KimsRunning said...

Welcome back Sherry!! I say CLICK THE BUTTON!!! Don't be a commitphobe like The Running Laminator...LOL

I'm doing the Minnie 15K May 4th. I hope. If this flexor keeps bugging me I may have to skip the race and just do Disney. We booked the weekend anyway. I'm trying to just think of it as a weekend getaway but I really want to run.

How's the hubby feeling?????

teacherwoman said...

I hope your hubby is doing better... welcome back! :)

Marcy said...

Thanks for the update on the husband :-)

DO IT DO IT DO IT!! ;D When I come back I want to see that you singed up ;-)

SM said...

A friend of mine did the half iron Miami man last year and said it was a great race! I say go for it!

Sherry said...

Okay! Y'all have talked me into it! I'm registering today! :o)

Very excited!!!!

Rick said...

Yippeeeeee! Way to go!