This was my first run since the 10K last Sunday. Boy, that race really whipped me good. I was so drained the two days afterwards. Racing certainly is different from running. Got in a few bike rides this week and a bit of swimming. Overall it was more or less a recovery week, which I really think I needed anyway. Drove up to Village Bikes yesterday for an adjustment on Pixie. I was having a lot of discomfort in between my scapulae when riding. We removed the stock 70mm stem and switched it for a 100mm stem which stretched me out a bit (short legs, long torso girl here). I'm doing a long ride tomorrow so hopefully the problem has been solved.
Did a bit of shopping this week. The two triathlons that I have coming up are traditionally wetsuit legal. Although with the amount of warm weather we've been having lately, I'll believe that when I see it. Nevertheless, I wanted to make sure that I was prepared. So, I purchased two wetsuit pieces from De Soto Sport. After speaking with company rep. Chuck, I ended up with the Speedtube 5 and Speedvest. He was familiar with many of the races that I intend to do down here (like St. Anthony's) and with just how cool (non-cool) our water gets. I think those two pieces are great choices. Here's my set up... on a De Soto model, of course. :o)

I just love working with small companies like De Soto. The customer service at both was absolutely top notch. I will definitely continue to purchase from both of these vendors.
I have a swim with Sondra scheduled for later this afternoon, so I need to refuel, rehydrate, and rest. Thank goodness the bulk of my work is done for today.
1 comment:
Wow, could you send some of that heat up here? We are currently standing at about 44 degrees with rain. I am supposed to do that Breast Cancer ride in the morning but with the rain and cold, I may pass and go to spin instead. I am thoroughly disappointed.
Love the gear you invested in! I can't wait to get more aquainted with triathlons and purchase some fun stuff next year!
Post a Comment