10. Wearing a bathing suit on a the bike doesn't 'always' work... even if the one practice go-round that I did beforehand said otherwise. Hello chafe city!
9. Always keep a pair of non-tinted goggles on hand for those overcast, rainy triathlons. In my case, for every triathlon (since I haven't raced one where it didn't rain yet).
8. Remember to kick the dirt out of cycling cleats before getting on the bike. Trying to do it afterward is just plain futile and it wastes time.
7. Remember to actually unstrap cycling shoe before trying to take it off. Duh!
6. Forevermore, leave Running Skirt at home. Yes, it looks cute. Yes, it covers the thighs. Yes, you can get your foot stuck in it when you are trying to quickly put it on in T2. Yes, it may fall down during wet races resulting in some very 'questionable' looking race photos. This is why the race belt was invented.
5. Never assume that you aren't in first place. If you do and you ease up because you think it doesn't matter, your soul shall be crushed when the 2nd place girl blows by you with only 4 seconds left in the race.
4. Leave a dry change of clothes in the car or lest you be standing in wet, soggy tri gear for 2 hours.
3. Seriously look over preliminary race results and if something looks wacky, speak up! Often you may know what makes better sense than the people in the timing booth.
2. Quite possibly never do a Buttar Sports event again.
1. Socks! Always wear freakin' socks!!!
ETA: I still can't run. Can't even put an enclosed shoe on. My heels are so bad. It's very sad. This shall be the world's longest running taper ever for an International distance event. I have some Bunga Pads on order and Scott is bringing home some fancy blister shields that he's getting from an ex-Tampa Bay Lightning trainer. I hope 'something' works. Can you imagine how sad it will be if I don't get to run at all before the 9th??? OMG! I don't even want to think about it!
5 comments:
You have a valid point with each and every listed item. Things we all need to be reminded of.
Love the picture of you and Pixie! It rocks!
Imagine how you'd have done if you'd known these 10 things a few days ago.
Yet you still managed to kick some butt.
Get well and congrats again.
You can thank me later for connecting you and Glavin, who I call GQ....LOL...he's a real "picker-upper".
I am still so very proud of you Sherry. The bloody heels give you a total "I'M NEVER GIVING UP" kinda attitude that I love. Pain?? You L-A-U-G-H in the face of pain!!!!
All that and you're still a girly-girl!! Love it!!!!!
Great list! Sorry to hear about the nasty chaffing. Yuck.
Haha. Great post. I'm gonna try the swim suit only thing this weekend as super short sprint tri. I've been told to lube up the seat and it helps.
Post a Comment