Yay! I did it! I ran my first official 10K race. It feels really good to finally have one of these under my belt. My approach to this race was to look at it as a great chance for a solid tempo run. My main goal was to complete the race in under an hour. My more ambitious goal was to come in around 55 minutes. So, it looks like a finish time of 54:27 accomplished everything and then some!
Gasparilla Island is just beautiful and I can't wait to run more races there. It's unfortunate that I was so focused on the race that I really didn't get a chance to take in many of the sites along the beautiful route. Maybe next time. Comfort wise, I was definitely anywhere from a 7 to a 9 RPE throughout the race. I gave all that I could give yesterday. The last mile was a tough one as you can see from my splits below:
Mile 1: 8:41
Mile 2: 8:49
Mile 3: 8:44
Mile 4: 8:58
Mile 5: 8:48
Mile 6: 9:02
Mile 6.2: 8:34 pace
Scott and Sondra ran the 5K race while I was doing the 10K. Both of them did completely awesome! My new-to-running husband finished with a 27:15 and dropped 1:35 seconds off his 5K PR to take 2nd place in his age group. Go baby! This 5K was Sondra's first race ever and she smacked the clock with a 29:33! Sondra, I am SO proud of you!
I got a chance to catch up with Kim again. She also ran the 5K and did extremely well with a 27:31 finish. Kim is running in the FCA Half Marathon next weekend and this 5K offered her some really great speedwork training. Go, Kimmy!
A completely awesome day overall! My legs are a bit tired this morning, but there's no time for R&R. It's right back to the daily grind. The Orlando Women's Triathlon is a mere 20 days away which means I have a good 2 weeks of solid training to get in before I do a slight taper for that race. MiamiMan looms on the horizon... just 34 days to go.
10 comments:
I hate that you look so good with just a sports bra on. :(
Loved the pictures and the the report of how awesome everyone did.
Congrats to you and your husband!!!! now get back to training :) LOL!!!
Also.... thank you for your comments on my Marine post.
To ALL who serve or who have served i am thankful and honored by this.
Sweet job chica!! Very nice! And way to blow away your race goals ;-) Before you know it, you'll be looking at going sub 50!
SHERRY!!
It was a pleasure to see you again!! You so rocked in that 10K. I'm very proud of you! When you ever told me we were on a 8:30ish pace it boosted my confidence. I felt slower than that. Scott did fantastic too!! He really shaved some serious timage off his last 5k. I was behind him for about 1.5 miles. He kept an even pace and good form throughout. Sondra is a cutie patootie too! She had a fabulous finish, her cross training on the treadmill worked well. I piked the picture of the 3 of us off your blog...teehee!!! See you soon !!!
I have to agree with Robin... the fact that you look so damn good in just a sports bra makes me sick! I wish I could pull that off!
The pictures are absolutely georgous. I am sure it is even better in person!
Great job on the race, speed demon! :)
Great job and super speedy!
Awesome job on your 10K! Congrats!
Great job! I love 10Ks because they're long enough, but also short enough!
Sher, I am so PROUD of you! Yay to you kicking the 10k's ass, Scott kicking the 5k's and even bigger yay's you both for looking so damn fine while doing so! You guys are so cute and I am so happy you are getting to share racing. Congrats to you both!
Hey! GREAT time on your first 10K, Sherry! Congratulations! This is a wee-bit late - I haven't been blog-stalking/commenting or contributing to my own much lately.
Post a Comment