Monday, August 10, 2009

A ride through paradise

Ah, what a joyride! I should first probably clarify the fact that I do not live where these pictures were taken... or even anywhere close! LOL! Scott and I had a date with the awesome Naples Cyclery to pick up his new roadie and so we decided to do the quick 1:30 bike that was on tap somewhere with a bit of eye candy! Bling! Bling!

Welcome to the Port Royal area of Naples, FL!

Approx. 25 miles round trip. We made one too many pit stops. I just couldn't stop taking pictures. Seriously though, the area is gorgeous... but honestly, I could really care less about the fancy houses. I'm much more simple of a girl when it comes to living quarters.

The trees... well they are another story. Where I live, there is NO tree cover! I kid you not, ZIP! Hurricane Charley took care of what little tree shade we had back in 2004. I'll probably be in my 60's before I get to enjoy trees again. Ha!

Getting ready to motor out from Naples Cyclery

We have arrived! Gordon Drive!

What body part can we sell in order to be able to rent some attic space?
Dang, what 'doesn't' a triathlete use??

Sweet!

Sweat much? The Gulf looked so tempting, but since it is 90+ degrees right now, it wouldn't have really cooled us.

Too gorgeous not to take a picture of!

With a final day of rest today, I'm getting charged about the week ahead. I've never, ever done this type of volume, but I know I can handle it. Hydration during the week MUST be a priority for me. If I get behind on it, I'm pretty much dead in the water.

On the super exciting end of things, Scott is participating in the season finale of the Central FL Tri Series, so we'll get to enjoy Clermont on Friday/Saturday. I've never actually watched him race except for a 5k, so I'm excited about that! This former cheerleader makes for a GREAT (and loud) cheering section!

7 comments:

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

It was toasty yesterday, wasn't it??

teacherwoman said...

Looks like a good time. We have quite a bit of trees up here if you want some flat riding?! LOL

Love the new look. When did you change your blog title? Or, am I THAT out of it?!

ShirleyPerly said...

Yes, that shade is to die for!!

Congrats on the new family addition. There's no such thing as too many bikes, right? ;-)

Good luck to your hubby this weekend!

Missy said...

Looks like you guys were getting cooked! Even the day before a hot/long workout, I drink some sporty drink or Nuun and not just water. Keep the electrolytes in check!

cheryl said...

Love the tree lined streets. Those kind are my favorite rides here, where the road goes on and on, and all you see is green to the left and the right and above.

have a good week! stay cool down there!

Oldman said...

our office is in Old Naples you should have stopped for lunch. Sorry that Port Royal has all that "low" income housing... $5 mil and up

Regina said...

Hey, love those trees! So key in hot weather.

I had my first dunk in a saline swimming pool near my sister's in LA, so sweet!!! I think I want to move here.

try to blog about it later, but blogger is having issues, so can't access my site.

Good Luck to Scott!! Kiss the fur kids! I'm getting myf fill of kitties out here.