IronBob made mention of an old bucket list that he created in his most recent post. I know that creating this sort of a list is popular with many folks; however, I for one, have never created such a list. Well, we all know that Blogland is an amazingly motivational place, so here goes:
My Bucket List of Things I'd Like to do Before I Croak
(in no particular order of importance)
Alaskan high adventure trip
Long term community service as a global volunteer
White water raft down the Colorado
Hike to the base of the Grand Canyon & back up
Build a small "retirement" cottage in the GA mountains
(must include bubbling brook)
Finish an Ironman Triathlon
Qualify for the Boston Marathon
Find salvation and the gift of everlasting life
Attend a summer Olympic games
Run amongst the Giant Sequoias & Redwoods
Sit on a jury
(I was so excited to get my first notice and so disappointed when I wasn't called)
Visit every single US National Park and run through it

13 comments:
Looks like I started something. You need to add, come on up to Tampa and ride the Sun Coast Parkwasy with IB and the BEAST !! Obviously a top bucket list item for all IM enthusiasts !!! ;)
Love the list!!! I should put my thoughts into doing the same.
I got picked for a jury once but the perp took a plea and we got dismissed...I was so mad...LOL
Nice list!!! Hope you get 100 years to check em all off!!!
My first comment here. Wanted to thank you for your blog, it has been informative and inspirational. I stumbled across it when I started mine and it is one of the very few I read religiously.
Some mighty aspirations on your list; fantastic!
Btw, jury duty is overrated...lol.I avoid it like the plague.
thanks again!
Great bucket list. I have started a bucket list, both on paper and in my head. It is never ending... what does that say about me?
I can't believe you would like to sit on a jury?! LOL
Love your list.....
"Find salvation and the gift of everlasting life"
JESUS....:)
Yep, Shannon... that is the man I'm looking for! :o)
(must include bubbling brook)
Would a burbling brook do? Because some brooks bubble with a lisp. Especially in NC.
Um, when you KNOW you're going to include "Find salvation and the gift of everlasting life" in a list, you should really make THAT the last item, because I looked at poor "Attend a summer Olympic games" and went: Ouch! Jesus is a tough act to follow and not look lame by comparison! Better luck next time, Olympics!
You should apologize to the Olympics for such rotten placement.
It's WJWD.
thanks for checking out my blog and taking the time to read it all. I found yours after my first couple of entries and must admit, I did bite your C25K form. HOpe you don't mind..
I am expecting to fully catch the tri bug. I am a woman obsessed (as long as my back holds out).
I like your list!
I need to make one too.
Good list - I should also do one of these.
For the moment I have made a list of things to do Post Ironman.. I am hoping then I might have time.
those are great - the retirement cottage in the southern mountains is on my list too!
Hey Sherry! Glad to hear you are giving the Newtons another shot. If you are feeling any soreness, back off a bit and rotate time with your other shoes. Getting them broken in and your legs used to the form is a huge part to having success in these shoes. And now that you are 'pawing' when you run, I'm guessing you'll start to see the difference like I did!
Great bucket list, btw. I should do one....
Post a Comment