I have a cold.
I went to bed feeling decent last night, if not a bit insomnolent, and woke up this morning with a scratchy throat. A bit of foreshadowing, perhaps? This cold is making quick progress too... I'm already snuffling and sneezing into tissues. Usually it takes me a few days to get to that point. Grrr... I hope it moves out as quickly as it moved in. I've got the Zycam swabs lined up in a row.
I opted out of doing anything today except for work and a very loooong nap. My dear husband is at the gym spinning away right now and I'm blogging, listening to the Aussie Open and wiping my schnoz. Bravo Zulu!
Hoping that I feel well enough to get in a short run and swim tomorrow. I'm confident that I will. It all appears to be above the neck which is a good sign.
HUGE congrats to Rachel for completing her first half marathon at ING Miami yesterday. Rachel conquered not only the 13.1, but also reached her fundraising goal for the the Crohn's and Colitis Team Challenge. Rach, I'm so proud of you! You certainly did 'rock the clock!' Can't wait to see the pics!
6 comments:
Oh hun, I hope you feel better soon! Glad to hear you skipped a workout and are resting.
Awww....I hope you're feeling better very soon. This crazy weather didn't help!
Awwhhh I hope you start feeling better soon, chica!
Get well.....Zicam rocks!
hey sher! maybe i am a bit of a maso too, but i actually really liked that crazy tired painful feeling that my quads felt during long runs. There is just no other pain like that - you know that you are running long and hard and it just is the way it is til your body gets used to it. Also sorry to hear about the cold. I have had excellent luck gargling with a mixture of warm water and hydrogen peroxide. yes, sounds gross. but it is magical! totally works for me with sore throats and also cold sores in my mouth - clears em up fast. i usually take a little more than a capful of the peroxide and mix it with about 3/4 dixie cup of warm water. i gargle it a few times, and swish around my mouth. Tastes terrible and makes you spit for a few minutes after, but gets the job done. Also had luck when my sinuses get infected by putting a few undiluted drops in my ears. Yeah, old school medicine! i got this tip from an old boyfriend's grandma - using it ever since. i was skeptical at first, but even on the bottle it says it can be used as an oral rinse, so it's safe!
Hi Sherry... hope you're feeling better soon! I managed to get a cold, too.
Thanks for the awesome comment in your post about my Half last wkend. I'm trying to plan out my next races and not lose my motivation to keep up w/ training.
Get better! :-)
Post a Comment