Heather Gollnick's Iron Edge Women's Tri Camp
(click above image for details)
The bad news is that I'm still fighting a terrible winter cold. The good news is that tri camp starts this Thursday and despite these sniffles, I'm super stoked about it! We campers received our tentative schedule via e-mail last night and it is jam-packed with educational briefs and practical applications. I hope my broken down body can handle all of 3-a-days! LOL!
Thirteen miles went in the log yesterday. The run was actually pretty uneventful and recovery has been fine. I feel like I could go out and do it all over again today. I did have to formulate a plan to motivate myself out the door to actually do the run. I just felt terrible! Dang cold! I decided to leave the HR monitor at home (did not want the extra pressure around my chest) and run by feel and pace. I planned to do the first 6 miles VERY easy (nearly recovery effort), the next 6 miles closer to HMP and the final mile as an easy cool down. The plan worked and the run was over before I knew it. Came home, stuffed my legs in the massager and chilled for the rest of the afternoon. Still hoping to go sub-2 for my first half. If I'm well tapered and cold free (and if the weather cooperates), I 'think' I may get my wish. Time will tell. Obviously attending tri camp this week isn't going to help in the tapering dept, but I've got all week next week to recoup. Thankfully, Heather and her staff are giving us choices as to our preferred distance/pace for rides and runs. I'll be taking the 'tri camp lite' plans. :o)
I had a nice surprise this morning when I took Koby for his walk. My neighbor had a crate full of 'just fell off the tree' FREE fruit sitting by the mailbox. I selected two grapefruits and two oranges.
Ugly little buggers, right? Oh, but so amazingly good! There is nothing like fresh from the tree, FL citrus fruit. Hopefully they'll have some more out there tomorrow. I keep thinking about planting some citrus trees, but I'm too impatient for them to grow. Of course if I had planted them 4.5 years ago when we built our home, I'd be picking my own fruit every morning by now. Argh.
On the agenda for today:

3 comments:
Hi Sherry. I found your blog from your comment on Kate O's blog. I'm going to be at camp too...I'm so excited! WooHoo!
I hope your cold goes away and you are fully recovered by Thursday. I look forward to meeting you!
HI Sherry. Melissa agin. Thanks for your comment. I wonder if your cats are similar to mine in their personalities...I could go on and on, siamese are such cool cats :-)
Funny story, I actually have been to Lakewood Ranch. Was supposed to move there back in 2005, had a membership to the YMCA, an apartment, the whole works...but didn't go. I might post something on my blog about it. That area is beautiful. I cannot wait!!!!!
Tri camp sounds awesome, I hope you feel better.
Post a Comment