It's easy to tell that the end of tri season is here b/c my body is breaking down part by part! First it was my back... and then my left knee... then my heels... and now my entire system! I'm fighting a cold.Rammed Zycam down my throat in hopes of waking up feeling fresh this morning, but alas, I seem to be on the losing end of this bug. Since there isn't anything I can really do about it at this point, I've decided to go for an AM run in a bit. Good choice? Bad choice? My choice.
Received the December issue of Inside Triathlon yesterday. Looks like it's going to get a face lift and become a bimonthly publication. Excited about the face lift (not that I feel that it needed it), but grumpy about the bimonthly release. I need a fix every month... and Triathlete just doesn't cut it. I love me some Inside Triathlon!
Sometimes I get tired of blogging solely about running & triathlon, so I may start blogging about other things that move me now and then. Right now, I'm excited about the seasonal coffee releases. I'm sure that those who are flavored java addicts like myself will agree that the fall/winter releases are usually scrumptious!
We own one of these babies. We would surely not survive the AM without it. I'm actually more of a tea aficionado, but when the seasonal fall/winter flavors are released... all bets are off and my savory English Breakfast Tea goes into hibernation.
This year I am excited about Gloria Jean's Ginger Snap and Winter Wonderland releases. I had Winter Wonderland last year and it's possibly the best winter release I've ever had. Delicious!
I'm currently working on a box of Pumpkin Spice that just won't go away. I debated on even picking up a box during the early Fall release as I grew tired of it last year. However, I'm completely out of late winter's Golden French Toast... so it's either Pumpkin Spice or tea. Living in FL, I need all the help that I can get with getting in the holiday 'mood'... so Pumpkin flavored coffee it is!
My dear blogger friend, Teacherwoman tossed me the blogger "Butterfly Award." Thanks, Stacy! My job is to link back to Teacherwoman and then to award it to some other bloggies out there. So here goes:
I bestow upon the following groupies... the "Butterfly Award"
1. Kim
2. Kevin
3. Robin
4. Marcy
5. Rick
6. Marion
7. GQ
8. Rachel #1
9. Rachel #2
10. Maggs
Oh heck... if I've ever left you a comment, then I read your blog and you are officially award worthy! You're all 'Butterflies' to me!
So now all of you get to do the same thing...
Okay... back to triathlon. It's an easy 4 miler this morning just to shake the cobwebs off from yesterday and then I plan on taking it super easy in spin class tonight. Active recovery! Yes!

13 comments:
Oh hun! I hope you feel better soon. No fun what-so-ever. I don't think there is anything wrong with running when you are sick, as long as it's a head cold and not a chest cold.
Hey, sister, you can't pin this rap on me, see?! Yeah, see! Those ain't my germs, see? I never saw 'em before and even if I did, I ain't no stoolie, see?
Seriously, I hope you're better in time for MiamiMan because if you're not up to snuff by then you might end up performing like a girl! Nobody wants that!
I agree w/ teacherwoman: I've also been told you're okay to run when the illness is in your head, not your chest. If it's in your head in the sense that it's all hypochondriacal, so much the better. In that case, just get someone to slap you till you snap out of it.
I really, really, really do hope you recover quickly. To be hit with a cold so close to a competition that means so much to you is totally sh*tty. My next race isn't till thnxgvg, so I have plenty of time to get better (and then compete like a girl).
But you're strong, you are Triathlete - YOU ARE WOMAN!!
You'll still kick @$$!!
GQ
P.S. Thanks for making me a butterfly. Now all then other dude blogs are gonna give me virtual wedgies!
Hey yeah! Thanks for the award! Whoot!
Pumpkin flavored coffee?! Hmmm that is one that I have to try. I'm boring. We always get teh bulk bags of Dunkin Donuts coffee and then throw in the flavored creamers LOL
Me... an award... now that is great!!!!
Sorry you are not feeling 100%. Try some "seasonal beer" instead of the coffee.
I vote for a run... but you know I am crazy.
AWWWW....I love the Butterfly Award!!!! Thank you sooo much you sweetie pie! I love that you picked ME first....LOL...I'm a child, I know!
I love coffee and tea. Ever have blueberry Celestial Seasons tea? YUMMY!!!
I hope you're feeling better soon. Bratty GQ, giving you his germs! (dontcha just love him though???)
xxx
ooo
i love your coffee/tea flavor expose...i love any kind of hot drink. anything i can sip on for an hour or more is good for me..
good luck in miami man- that race sounds fun! rest up and feel better!
I have a Keurig, too! It's great for making any hot drink. I'm enjoying reading your blog... thanks for your comments and the Butterfly Award - that was so nice of you. Funny how you have a couple Rachel friends lol
More importantly, I hope you get better soon and get that bug out of your system! Enjoy your run and "active recovery" tonite!
I hope you're feeling better!!!
Hang in there girl....my best running buddy caught the flu and we are 3 days out from our marathon!
Nothing worse than the "funk" to slow you down!! Stay strong and healthy-
Hey Girlie....you running Punta Gorda saturday???? Let's wear matching outfits!!! LOL
UGH!! I'm an idiot! Your MiamiMan came up so fast!!!! I'm still doing the Turkey Trot so I'll see ya there!!
GOOD LUCK in Miami. I know you'll be fantastic! I can't wait for the report!!!!
Sherry! I plumb forgot to wish you luck in my blog post this morning! Kim, too! Forgot BOTH of you! I'm a total and utter d*ck!
Hope you are fully recovered from your illness. You'll kick @$$, I know it! Do it for SOUTH JOISEY!!
And for jebus' sake, post the report QUICKLY so we can all celebrate your brilliant performance.
Rock on wit' yo BAD self, sister!
gq
Howdja do??????
I'm DYING TO KNOW!!!!
Post a Comment