1. Finish (most important) in around 3 hours... plus or minus 10 minutes. This should be achievable.
2. Complete swim in around 20 minutes
3. Average bike speed over 22 miles = 17 to 18 mph
4. Run at 10 min/mile pace or better over the course of 6.6 miles (I think this is going to be the tough goal for me)
Today was really my last 'push' before the race. Sondra and I completed a 30 mile bike with 1 mile intervals thrown in this morning and later in the day, I put in a mile at the pool.
I plan to focus on speedwork tomorrow (run & bike) and again on Tuesday (swim). The remainder of the week will be light, recovery efforts. I normally take the day before a race completely off; however, this time around I plan on doing an easy swim on Saturday at the race venue. There is a swim clinic that is being held by an area 'stroke doctor' so I might as well try to take advantage of an expert eye.
Training notes: This past week I have been practicing my dismount. Last Tuesday I got out my hybrid and practiced swinging my leg over and coasting to the dismount and going straight into a transition run. Today I practiced on Pixie. Much more difficult when having to deal with the cycling shoes in addition balancing and bringing the leg across. I did it though... and didn't fall once. I'm not quick at it yet, so I don't know how beneficial a race attempt would be at this point. Mounting the bike with the shoes already clipped in... well, that's far off in the future somewhere. For some reason, the dismount just seems more achievable at this point. Any mount/dismount suggestions out there?
My blisters are healing. I had no problem using just a band-aid on the bike today. I'm curious to see how my interval run will feel tomorrow. I'm hoping that by Saturday I'll be able to just use band-aids and not have to worry about any extra wrappings. My knee is still giving me some issues. I ordered a Cho-Pat Dual Action Strap. Hope it helps.
Swim: 9.1 miles (16,136 yards)
Bike: 118.4 miles
Spinning: 125.5 miles
Run: 61.6 miles (talk about an injury prone month)
Strength/BodyFlow/Yoga: 5 times
I'm happy with October's stats despite my lower than usual running mileage. Alas, there's nothing I could do about my knee and heels other than to rest. I'm hppy to see my outdoor cycling stats go up without a drop in my indoor spinning stats. If I am able to continue this trend, I should see my cycling proficiency improve. My swim increased by a good 3,000 yards. Another plus.
10 comments:
oh! One more week! :) How exciting! Your goals look great too.
BTW, I gave you an "award" on my post today. Go check it out!
Pretty blog!!!
I know you'll do well, I have NO doubt!!!
I agree with Kim: the new look is very nice and fall-like.
Two things:
1. WEAR SOX. (Geez! No more bloody sneakers pix unless the BLOOD IS THAT OF YOUR VANQUISHED OPPONENTS!!)
2. Not trying to be Joe The Spellcheck, here (or Joe the Plumber), but I love the fact that you transposed the "o" and "a" in goals so that you write "everyone has gaols". This tickled me, because "gaol" is how they spell "jail" in Britain. So: everyone has jails.
You sure got that right, sister!
(My jail: I'm a lumbering wise-@$$ of an ox.)
I'm sure you'll meet all of your goals and will not land on any spaces that tell you to go directly to gaol!
Best of luck!
Oh fun! Your race is almost here! Enjoy the week. Can't wait to hear about it.
You should be happy withyour October totals!! I like how you seperated the bike vs. spin miles. Good idea.
You will do great this coming weekend.
Finishing is one of the best goals EVAAARRR.....good luck girlriend :))) You will be great!!!
New look is fantastic.
Good Luck! I am sure you will do very well!
Hi Sherry...thx for commenting on my blog. I'll have fun following your training, too. Good luck w/ your training this week. You'll do great next week - I'm sure. I like how you set goals for yourself to keep focused. :-)
Have a great race. You have trained hard, you will do great
I am very excited for you and your race. In reading your goals, I think they are all very attainable based on what little I know about you and our training. :)
With respect to your "training note", practice your dismount a lot! It will save time. As for starting with bike with your shoes already clipped in... Start practicing after your race. It too can save you some time and it is one more thing you can attach to your bike, making your transition area less cluttered. If you want more detailed tips for this shoot me an email. (jay@amateurendurance.com)
For the blisters, I tried "Trislide" and I really liked it. Its not oily and it lasts a long time... even in the water. I am using it instead of body glide now.
Good luck at your race!!! Remember, HAVE FUN!
Post a Comment