CONGRATULATIONS to all Hawaii Ironman World Championship participants! I had a ton of fun tracking people that I know (and people that I don't know, thanks to a stalking list provided by Coach Jen). You are all AMAZING! Super human! Way to go!!!
EVEN BIGGER CONGRATS to my dear friend Christina and her little sister Lauren for finishing a bone-chilling (um, cannot comprehend 30F) Chicago marathon with some blazing fast times! You girls are AWESOME and I can't wait to hear your race reports. The dang athlete tracker really dropped the ball, though; I got 10k updates on both of you and then a 1/2 update on Chris... and that was it. I was screaming at the phone! LOL! Way to go ladies... so proud of you BOTH!!!
And so, athlete tracking aside... I had some great non-triathlon related fun this weekend.
First up... my grandfather's 86th birthday (I used the baby camera instead of the SLR, so pardon the image quality)! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Pop-Pop! Love you muchly!!!
When you turn 86-years-old, people serve you half eaten cakes!
And you don't care at all...
The Florida fam... and my favorite food group!
Up next on the agenda... Greg & Nikki's wedding! Gorgeous outdoor ceremony and such a lush setting. It reminded me of a cross between good 'ole tropical Florida and an English flower garden. I could have stayed out there forever... bring out the hammock!
Gorgeousness!
I'd marry him all over again!
Having fun with some of the other EFR wives!
5 comments:
You look amazing in both those shots of you. So funny to see people all "cleaned up".
I love the shot of your grandfather and his half eaten cake. Trust me, even at my age I'd be happy with a half eaten cake, even just a slice! Don't even get me started on pizza, I could live on it.
I was bloodhound tracking on Saturday as well. It wa so fun to watch people cross the finish too on the streaming video online.
Looks like you had a nice weekend, and the wedding looks like it was very beautiful.
Pops is lookin good at 86. Who ate his cake?
Way to go G PA!! Eat that cake, I would too!!
I'm trying to avoid butterflies by working transition at 4:45am body marking until 6am. This forces me to have all my stuff together the night before.
I'm more worried about Arnie. He owns this IT company and is having a partner summit for several hundred in Orlando all week. He is coming to sign in on Wed., heading back to Orlando immediately, then hoping I can put his bike and stuff in transition on Friday. He will fly in Friday evening to do the race Saturday.
Happy birthday to your Gramps! He sure does look good for 86. And genes run in the family, right? :-)
And how nice you look all dressed up. My feet can't stand wearing heels very long anymore, though!
Happy birthday nonno (grandfather)!
...and I am a grandpa too.
Post a Comment