The upcoming weekend is so freakin' exciting that I can barely contain my energy. Seriously, I am spilling over at the brim!
Ironman World Championships
Kona is tomorrow... and three ladies that I follow closely are racing. Heather Gollnick, a dear friend, amazing champion and former coach of mine; Bree Wee, super amazing gal from Aloha-Land who brightens up my day with her colorful, chill blogs and super friendly style; and Marit Chrislock-Lauterbach, a talented age-group blogger who I recently started following (we also have the same coach).
All of these ladies are so amazingly talented... and I can't wait to stalk each one of them! Good luck ladies... RACE HARD and HAVE FUN!!!
Chicago Marathon
Sunday is another super special day b/c my dear friend from high school and my triathlon muse, Christina, is racing the Chicago marathon! Chris is way too humble to admit how awesome of a runner she is AND what a close chance she has at qualifying for Boston; but, I stalk her results... I know how good she is... and I'm calling her out! No pressure girl, but I know you can get close to this. If not tomorrow... then next time around! RUN HARD, girl!!!! Best wishes to you AND Lauren! You girls are READY!!!
And then there is me...
I did a full-out speedwork session today. Ouch! Half iron training has left my legs feeling slow and my heart feeling the pain of the push! Whew! It's hard for me to imagine that at one point late last year I could run waaay faster than what I was able to run today. It's sort of like shaking the cobwebs off and rubbing out the rust. The pain hurt so good!
Sunday morning is an exciting day. Coach Jen has a duathlon planned for me. Exciting stuff, as I've never done a training session like this before. Now, if only our heat wave will take a hike. It's hotter here (by more than 10 degrees) than it is in Kona. Dang! Anyway, on Sunday afternoon I get to eat my way through a chocolate fountain at a friend's wedding. Yay!
I had my flu shot yesterday. Drag! I have had very bad reactions to injections in the past (a typhoid vaccination in the military nearly landed me in the ER) and every freakin' time I get a shot, I end up with muscle aches and what I can only describe as 'painful skin'. Ever had the 'real' flu and it hurts to lightly rub your hand over your skin? Well, that's me today... arms, legs... my skin hurts. It's so weird.
Today was my last day at work and I spent the entire day tying up loose ends. It all feels so 'final' now. It's going to be weird not having a job. Some people say to embrace the free time, etc... and I'm sure that I will; however, it's like a puzzle piece is missing or something. Anyway... I think I deserve a new bathing suit. I've been eyeballing this one for MiamiMan. Everybody will see me coming from a mile away! I love it! So bright and cheery!
In the Hawaiian spirit... Aloha!!!
7 comments:
And our good friend Bree had a nice article in Triathlete magazine this month (it came today).
If you have Versus on your cable or satellite, 3pm on Sunday is St Anthony's followed by St. Croix. Both half hour, but it is something.
LOL... I'm all over all of that already, Bob! I was so excited to see Bree's article in the magazine. I loved the layout of it too!
Yep, I'll be DVRing St. Anthony's & St. Croix tomorrow... you're right... a half hour is better than nothing at all. :o)
Wishing you a great weekend!
I know what you mean about the shots. I don't get them for some of those very reasons. I've been 'lucky' so far but this year is crazy with all the flu shiz.
Great suit. Got to go for a colorful suit so your peeps can see you.
Kona, Kona, Kona - got the laptop connected to the big screen!
funny you mention that article. I NEVER buy that magazine, in fact I have never looked at it. However, last week I walked into Borders and bought it without bothering to open it or see what was inside, got it home and low and behold, there is Bree's article. funny.
I'll be siting in the dentist chair finishing off a crown when Universal Sports airs Kona live on their website. I will be tracking like a bloodhound when I get home though.
It's so funny how WE get so excited even though we are not racing. I love that.
Hope you are feeling better today.
I love the suit!! Maybe it'll mezmerize the others and they drop like flies...LOL Don't forget the matching cap! Have you seen the running dresses?? They're TOO cute. I haven't seen anyone wearing one yet. Maybe I'll start a new trend...haha!
I'm glad that I'm not the only one who is so freaking excited! Kona today and Chicago marathon tomorrow? Perfect weekend for stalking people online!! :)
Yes, what is it with this ridiculously HOT weather in October???
I am so tired of this heat. I really missed going back to the Big Island (usually there in Sept) and seeing everyone gearing up for the Kona IM. Such a fun time to train out there but my Coach said that Hawaii was too cool to train for a FL race. Unfortunately, he's right :-(
Very cute suit. I think you deserve it too :-)
Post a Comment