Nothing overly exciting to report at the moment. My legs are feeling some fatigue and just when I think I can't take another day, I somehow manage to push it out. I know there's a small taper around the corner in preparation for Muddy Buddy and Danskin and I'm counting down the days.
I'm slowly but surely learning how to dig deep and gather some mental toughness. I've been really good about eating more cleanly and I've been having some fun outfitting the "new" Pixie (whom I owe a post to as soon as she's completely dressed).
Congrats to all my blogland friends who raced this past week-- whether it was St. Anthony's, Boston or elsewhere... each and every one of you continue to inspire me.
The week ahead
* Approach each and every workout like my life depends on. This is the final 'push' before Danskin (the very first triathlon that I ever did last year)... and I want to celebrate my 1-year anniversary in the sport with a solid performance on May 10th.
*Block out time to work on transitions
* Shop for new saddle/pedal system for Pixie
7 comments:
Have a great training week! Lots of good stuff ahead for you. I hear you on the wind, but I keep telling myself it will make you STRONG!!!
Gotta love the wind! We can't go anywhere without it here. LOL. Molly is right, it will only make you stronger!
Nothing like a comfortable saddle. I hate that feeling a bad one gives you about 30 miles into a 70 mile ride. All you thoughts are transferred to the rump for the next 2 hours.
Good luck with the search
Ugh, that wind really stinks, but everyone is right, it makes you stronger and when you show up on race morning and it's crazy windy, you'll know you can do it!
40' fall? I hope he's OK!
Oh man! The wind up here has been crazy as well!!
wow- you're almost to your one year mark! i can't wait to see your year over year improvement at Danskin!
my tri anniversary is this weekend!
keep pushing- sounds like you're going for it!
that is so awesome! And those pink shoes look great when you are running. And I'm jealous that you had a race with an open water swim and you are just wearing a swimsuit, no wetsuit!
Post a Comment