Nothing super big to report except for the fact that I will be taking some unplanned time off from running thanks to a flare up of ITBS in my right knee. It's been 1 year since I've dealt with this and all of the sudden it's BACK! I have not rapidly increased my running mileage (actually I haven't increased it at all), but I have thrown a few short bridges into my runs. Perhaps too many bridges too soon. Anyway... I've been here before, I know what to do, it's just so hard to do it (rest). Why can't this shyte happen in the summer when it's 95F out? Why now, when it's GORGEOUS out?? Bah-humbug!
Moving on:
Las Saturday night was a treat!
Scott, Sondra, Jeff and I went for an evening ride in a carriage pulled by a Clydesdale. Outside of Sea World- Orlando (Busch owned), you don't really see draft horses around here. Um, it's hot. However, my husband used to work with a gentleman who now owns one. It was a dream of his to own a horse of this type, and so he purchased Tally three years ago from a Clydesdale farm in Texas. He's been giving holiday carriage rides ever since, but this is the first year that we've attended.
Words cannot even express how gorgeous this horse is. Amazing! I learned about the 'feather' that covers each of her hooves (reminded me of my NiNi cat), how much she weighs, what she eats (which is suprisingly a small amount) and more. There was a lot of muzzle and cheek stroking going on; such a good girl.
The ride was awesome! We lost the carriage lights about midway through, but so what! Ken, Tally's owner, asked if anyone wanted to 'drive' her back to the stable. I jumped on up! A few 'rights', 'lefts' and a 'woahs' and we were on our way back! What a lovely evening. Definitely something that we Floridians don't get to experience very often. Totally looking forward to it next year.
Yep, that's me at the helm!
A few more pictures from the night:
Wishing all of my Blogland friends a very Merry Christmas!

4 comments:
Merry Christmas! I DO love a Clydesdale. I used to ride a horse that was 1/2 Clydes and just enormous but so sweet and gentle.
What fun! At least that horse looks like his gives rides in a nice civil location unlike the poor horses dodging taxis here in NYC.
I was wondering how your friend Sondra was doing and if you guys are planning any future races together.
Best wishes for a Merry Christmas and Happiness and Luck in the coming New Year!!
So why are their feet feathered then?
Merry Christmas!! Here's to a "healing" New Year (the sooner the better)
Post a Comment